Saturday, January 15, 2011

Madagascar Expedition Preparation

My roundtrip ticket is confirmed with travel insurance of course, departing NYC in February and returning from Madagascar in April.  I need to get my photo taken this weekend for my Visa so I can send my application on Tuesday.
Equipment shopping has been easier thanks to scuba.com, swimoutlet.com, and diveprodivegear.com.
Today's shopping list includes:
Wetsuit - must finalize
Duffel Bag
Mosquito Net (pre-treated)
Water Purification Tablets (most likely iodine)
Dive Knife
Dive Torch (aka flashlight)
Return Legally Blonde Scuba Barbie Fins (although I like the style....actually I'll probably keep them)
Dive Watch

Arrived already:
Akona Titanium Dive Boots
Delayed SMB
Oceanic Ultra Dry Snorkel
Reel
Black Fleece Beanie (to keep my post-dive wet head warm)
Dive Slate + Pencil (note- must order more pencils)
Save-A-Dive Kit (i.e. extra mask straps, fin straps, o-rings, etc.)
PADI OW and AOW Manuals (required to have on site)
Elta MD 50+ SPF (might return)
Dragon Organix Biodegradable Spray Hand Sanitizer that fights against MRSA
DAN Insurance
Waterproof Holder for my Kindle
Small Drawstring Backpack (great to toss in a magazine, spf, towel, and go to beach)


En Route:
Rashguard/short sleeve - Black/ Blue
1mm Reef Shorts - Black/Pink
Mack's Dry-n-Clear Ear Drying Aid
Straw Fedora Hat (to block the rays)
Cotton Strapless Dress - Black (simple, comfortable and easy to pull on in the evenings)
Beach Sandal - Black
Rashguard - Blue/White
Board shorts - Black

No comments:

Post a Comment