Thursday, June 23, 2011

Back from Bali

Just returned from a lovely 10 days in Bali and on Nusa Lembongen which is of the southeast coast of Bali. The total travel time was just under 30 hours each way -- it felt much quicker -- on Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong (departed from my home in NYC).

The first night we stayed in Sanur then took a fast boat to Nusa Lembongen. On the island Jon and Sue (who own 'World Diving' and my boyfriend knows and I have yet to have the pleasure of meeting) were kind enough to allow us to stay in their home which is pictured above for viewing enjoyment. Their home was magnificent. It made my stay visiting him that much more enjoyable since we could cook meals together and and the comforts that only a 'home' can provide.

Did 16 dives with World Diving my boyfriend moved here to be a dive instructor) there and around Nusa Penida.


The diving is incredible there to say the least. While all were drift dives, some were more leisurely then others. The views were magnificent. We saw mola mola (ocean sunfish), mantas, sharks (silver tip, reef, nurse, bamboo), regal, semi-cirle and emperor angelfish (my favorites), eels, banded snakes....and I haven't even begun on the benthics! The list goes on and on and on. Simply beautiful! It was almost my first go at underwater photography which I fell in love with.






We had numerous lovely meals and enjoyed cocktails while watching the sunset. Much more peaceful here then home in Manhattan. Such a different but wonderful way of life.



The last couple of nights we went back to Bali and stayed in Ubud at Kamandalu Resort & Spa in Ubud. At night we had great mojitos and dinner followed by live acoustic music. During the day we explored went white water rafting (I definitely want to do that again but with more difficulty and rapids!!) Let me not forget the enjoyment we got from our private plunge pool in our beautiful villa over looking the rice fields and valley. They thought we were on our honeymoon and while we never told them it was...we never corrected them either. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment